Taco Casserole Supreme Recipe
1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 can (15 to 16 oz) spicy chili beans in sauce, undrained
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
- 2 cups coarsely broken tortilla chips
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (4 oz)
- Whole tortilla chips, shredded lettuce and additional salsa, if desired
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in beans and 1 cup salsa. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- 2 in ungreased 2-quart casserole, place broken tortilla chips. Top with beef mixture. Spread with sour cream. Sprinkle with onions, tomato and cheese.
- 3 Bake uncovered 20 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Arrange whole tortilla chips around edge of casserole. Serve with lettuce and salsa.
Recipe: Betty Crocker