Italian Chicken With Rotini Pasta and Easy Fruit Salad
Makes 4 Servings
– Put water on to boil for pasta; prepare salad through step 2 – 5 minutes
– Complete chicken and pasta; complete salad and serve – 20 minutes
Italian Chicken With Rotini Pasta
1 lb boneless chicken cutlets
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon roasted garlic
1/4 cup white wine
12 ounces tri-color rotini pasta
1 (26-ounce) jar tomato/basil pasta sauce
1. Fill large saucepan half full of water. Cover and bring to a boil on high for pasta.
2. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Season both sides of chicken with seasoned salt and Italian seasoning (wash hands). Place oil in pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken (wash hands); cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
3. Stir pasta into boiling water. Boil 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until tender.
4. Add roasted garlic and wine to chicken; cook 3-5 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F. Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness.
5. Meanwhile, drain pasta and return to same pan. Stir in pasta sauce; cook on medium-high 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until thoroughly heated. Serve chicken over pasta.
Easy Fruit Salad
1 pear (rinsed)
1 (8-ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice (drained)
1/2 cup pre-diced celery
1/2 cup light mayonnaise (or salad dressing)
1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
4 Bibb lettuce leaves (rinsed)
1. Quarter pear; remove and discard core. Chop pear into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 cup); place in medium bowl.
2. Add pineapple and celery; stir in mayonnaise and 1/3 cup of the walnuts. Chill until ready to serve.
3. Arrange lettuce leaves on serving plates; mound fruit mixture on lettuce and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons walnuts. Serve.
For added flavor, top fruit salad with 1-2 tablespoons of crumbled blue cheese.