Easy Popover Recipe
3 teaspoons butter
1 cup milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1, Grease large muffin tins with butter, grease bottoms and up sides of tins. (Custard cups can be used in place of muffin tins.
2. Place eggs and milk in mixing bowl. Add flour salt.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat eggs, milk, flour, and salt till smooth. Batter will be thin.
4. Add the cooking oil to the batter. Oil makes the popover tender. Beat only a few seconds, over beating will result in popovers having a heavy texture.
5. Carefully pour batter into tins just about half full.
6. Bake popover in 475 degree oven for 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 350 degrees and continue baking 25 minutes more or till tops are browned and firm. Before removing from oven prick each popover with a fork to allow steam to escape. This will prevent popovers from being soggy. Serve hot. Popover’s are great with roast beef scoop out the middle and pour in gravy..