Chocolate Truffle Bar Recipe
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 box devil’s food cake mix (15-18 oz)
1 large egg (or 1/4 cup egg substitute)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels, divided
1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
– Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 13- x 9-inch baking dish with foil.
– Melt butter in microwave or on stovetop.
1. Combine in large bowl: butter, cake mix, egg, and vanilla. Blend with electric mixer 1-2 minutes or until crumbly. Transfer 1 cup of mixture to medium bowl; stir in nuts and 1 cup morsels; set aside.
2. Press remaining crumb mixture firmly into baking dish. Bake 15 minutes.
3. Place in small saucepan: remaining 1 cup morsels and condensed milk. Cook and stir on low heat 2-3 minutes or until smooth; pour over crust.
4. Top with nut mixture; bake 20-25 minutes or until topping is firm to the touch. Let stand 30-40 minutes or until completely cooled. Remove foil from baking dish and cut into bars. Serve.
Total Time: 90 minutes, Active Time: 20 minutes (Makes 2 dozen.)