Angel Food Cake
Angel Food Cake Recipe
How to make Angel Food Cake
1 cup sifted cake flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup of sugar
1. Sift together flour with 3/4 cup of sugar, repeat sifting & set aside
2. In a large mixer bowl beat egg whites with cream of tartar, vanilla, and salt at medium speed of
electric mixer till soft peaks form.
3. Gradually add remaining 3/4 cup of sugar 2 tablespoons at a time continue beating until
stiff peaks form (tips stand upright)
4. Sift 1/4 of the flour mixture over whites,fold in
5. Repeat folding in remaining flour by fourths.
6. Turn into ungreased 10 inch tube pan
7. Bake in 375 oven 35 to 40 minutes or until cake tests done.
8. Invert cake in pan; cool
9. Using a spatula loosen cake from pan. remove enjoy
10. I sometimes cut out pockets and fill them with strawberries and cream
11. I use whipped cream for frosting With strawberries on top